Sunday, June 24, 2012

Summer reading

So, I've been sifting through my physical and virtual library and have come across Colson Whitehead's Sag Harbor. I mentioned this book in an earlier post, but I've not yet read it. An easy breezy coming of age tale from the vantage point of 15 year old Benjamin may be just what's needed to break up the helter-skelter ins and outs of everyday hustle n bustle. A welcomed contrast to the far too many/far too early teens roaming around today.
I'd also like to mention another Gem that'd been recently added to the will-read-this-Summer list; Rhythms of Grace by Marilynn Griffith.  It's definitely something that many of us can relate too; you know, when you feel like you're the circle (no pun intended) trying to fit into the triangle- Diana Dixon is that circle (or pink pig) So far as chapter 1 has shown, it's very interesting.
- thanks Nic Parker for the suggestion!
As always, I'm interested in your takeaways and commentary.
~Jah(mele)

2 comments:

~JaBe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Hi Mele -

I hope you enjoy the author Marilynn Griffith. I just happened upon her during a search for Christion fiction literature and finding her books has been a wonderful find. Her books have given me a clearer view of my walk with God and has help me to release some troubles that have haunted me throughout my spiritual walk. I'm still a W.I.P. (work in progress) but each step is a lot easier when you can release the hurt and know you have good people behind you to push you on and catch you when you fall. Thanks for being a good friend!

I hope you enjoy the book and its sequel (Songs of Deliverance). I have also read Mom's the Word and SistahFaith and I'm currently reading Happily Even After all by the great Marilynn Griffith. SistaFaith is a powerful book for sisters(ahs) who are going through or been through. It's a book of testimonies and if you didn't already know it before hand you will know after reading SistahFaith, we all will go through some trials and tribulations but its not about who we are when we are going through it, it's about who we become and how we maintain after God brings us through!

Happy Summer Reading!